A job search coach may seem like something that is a luxury instead of a necessity, but the ability of a coach to optimize your resume so that you appear to the hiring team as the best candidate for the job -can be priceless. A worthwhile investment that can not only save you money in the long run, but time and energy as well.
There are plenty of reasons why hiring a Job Search Coach to help with your resume writing is beneficial. Here are the top 5 benefits:
1. Advocacy – You can approach friends and family for their ideas on your resume, but a professional will give you honest and professional feedback on your resume to identify where it may be lacking. A professional Job Search Coach can be more objective, and will be an advocate for you in your search.
2. Knowledge – You know your own background best, but a job search coach may have seen hundreds if not thousands of resumes, and can easily assess your resume against the top resumes of people in your field. This can save you the time and frustration of finding the right fits for you, and allow your resume to put your best foot forward.
3. Technology Expertise – Having a resume that will stand out in the Applicant Tracking Systems databases – is key to making sure your resume gets noticed. A good Job Search Coach has the technological expertise to make sure your resume is optimized for those databases.
4. Experience– The professional experience of a Job Search Coach is key to helping you find what works and doesn’t work in your industry and with your resume. Partnering with a professional allows you to feel comfortable in sharing your career concerns and challenges with someone who has experience to guide you appropriately in your next job search steps.
5. Contemporary Knowledge – Styles and trends in resume writing change frequently. The last time you updated your resume may have been years ago and what was popular and would get a resume noticed then – may put your resume at the bottom of the pile now. Let a Job Search Coach craft an updated resume for you with the latest style and versions that stand out from other job seekers in today’s market.
Although there are times when the DIY approach is worth the effort and savings, when it comes to your career and resume writing, this is not one of those times.
Having a Job Search Coach help you craft and/or review and assess your resume will be more than worth it.